To assist in diagnosing your plumbing issues, cameras allow us a visual inspection of your underground sewer lines and other piping. A flexible rod with a specially designed camera on its tip is inserted into the pipe for inspection. As the rod is pushed through the pipe, the waterproof camera’s live feed provides its progress and findings for the technician to effectively diagnose your plumbing issue.
Camera inspections may be used to identify damage and obstructions that limit proper flow, or create occasional or repeated backups. The camera can also verify that obstructions have been removed and that the lines are clean following service. The condition of a line typically cannot be determined without a visual inspection.
Our camera inspections can help our technicians diagnose such problems as:
- Settled Pipes – a section of the pipe has sunk due to ground or soil conditions, creating a bulge that collects paper and waste.
- Blockages – grease buildup or a foreign object is restricting or prohibiting proper flow and/or cleaning of the line.
- Broken, Cracked or Collapsed Pipes – damaged pipes requiring repair or replacement.
- Corrosion – the pipe has deteriorated and/or broken, causing collapses in the line and restricting flow.
- Leaking Joints – the seals between pipes have broken, allowing water to escape into the area surrounding the pipe.
- Offset Pipes – sewer pipes that have become misaligned due to shifting soil, frozen ground, settling, etc.
- Roots – tree or shrub roots have invaded the sewer line, preventing normal cleaning and/or have damaged the line.
Should you have any additional questions or concerns pertaining to camera inspections or any of our other plumbing services, please contact Professional Plumbing – We always appreciate the opportunity to earn your business!